The Mbombela Campus has a Campus Clinic which provides primary health care services and support to students. The staff in the Campus Clinic subscribe to a holistic approach towards the health care needs of our students and, therefore, offer students a variety of health care services. The services focus on the promotion of a healthy lifestyles and the prevention of illnesses. The Campus Clinic is located on the first floor of Building 7 and is open from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:30, excluding University holidays.
The following are some of the services provided in the Clinic:
- Examining, diagnosis, treatment or referrals to a specialist, relevant clinic, hospital or laboratory when necessary;
- Attend to student emergencies;
- Give information, advice or counselling on medical matters;
- Advise on lifestyle and health matters;
- Offer support for sexual health and family planning;
- Help to understand and manage chronic illnesses, including students living with or affected by HIV.
The Clinic has an agreement with an Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Ambulance Provider to be on call for emergency cases and for transportation to nearby hospitals